PT Cook Position Description:
1. Patient Care
• Checks patient diet orders and menus.
• Visits each patient to determine menu selections according to diet.
• Sets up trays according to diets.
• Delivers trays to patient areas and visits patients during meal time to ensure patient satisfaction.
2. Bistro and Caterings
• Sets room for caterings with appropriate table settings and condiments.
• Serves in the Bistro according to schedule and follows cleaning duties.
• Cleans throughout shift and leaves area clean at end of day.
• Assist with any needed preparations for the Bistro or caterings.
• Cold food prep
3. Daily Functions
• Completes cleaning assignment.
• Follows all safety and sanitation regulations, including hair net and/or beard guard, name tag, proper uniform, clean shaven.
• Takes and documents all temperatures required at the appropriate time.
• Restocks Bistro and patient care areas with food and supplies, condiments, dishes, etc.
• Assists with serving and prep work as asked.
• Washes and puts away dishes
• Participates in quality improvement measures within the department.
• Helps orientate new employees.
• In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Dallas County Hospital needs or requirements.
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Dallas County Hospital needs or requirements.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Experience preferred, but will train. High school education or GED required.
• Technical Skills:
Maintain daily records. Effective written and oral communications skills and measuring skills for recipes.
• Other qualifications/certificate/
• PC Competencies: Prefer and understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook, but will train.
• Behavioral Competencies:
Support Dallas County Hospital’s vision and mission; maintain confidentiality of all protected health information;
demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment; exhibit courteous, compassionate and
respectful treatment of internal and external customers; display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing
situation; participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions. Understands and adheres to the Dallas
County Health System compliance policy