The McKay Group of Companies is one of North America’s largest tillage tool manufacturers.
We currently have an opening for a full-charge bookkeeper for our Wiese Industries, Inc.
operation located in Perry, Iowa.
Our company is looking for an experienced full-charge bookkeeper with primary responsibilities
being recording, maintaining, and reconciling accounting transaction and bank reconciliations in
a timely, precise manner.
- Maintain and organize all accounting records for the day-to-day bookkeeping operations and ensure that redundant processes in place for every critical operation are functioning
- Organize all routine registers and conduct analysis on data as requested
- Perform all month end and year end processing, reports and prepare financial statements
- Apply cash receipts to customer accounts daily. Investigate unpaid balances.
- Process accounts payable invoices, receipt of goods and purchase orders daily. Diligence is crucial.
- Enter inventory transactions daily. In a team effort, investigate discrepancies to correct deficiency.
- Report Use Sales tax
- Additional responsibilities as determined and required
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Computer literate, ideally with Sage 100 and Excel
- Knowledge of financial analysis
- Manufacturing and cost accounting background preferred
- Good communicator, organized, and a high level of self discipline
- Agricultural market knowledge is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years full charge bookkeeping with direct, relevant experience will be considered.
- Sage 100, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access training and or in-depth experience is a plus. We use Sage 100 and Excel daily.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications