The Dallas County Youth Coordinator (CYC) focuses on positive youth development. The CYC works with youth, volunteers, and professionals to plan, implement and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes; productive citizens, outstanding communications, effective leaders, and successful learners. This position empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the Iowa 4-H mission and vision.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy for diverse community volunteers.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy to bring diverse youth into long-term involvement in 4-H.
- Assure compliance with risk management policies, including required training and background checks of volunteers.
- Establish and maintain 4-H governance committees.
- Promote 4-H state and county programs, events, and activities with local partners and media.
- Communicate and build relationships with the County Extension Council, youth, families, volunteers, other extension staff, and community partners.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with county schools, libraries, fairboard, and other organizations to plan and implement youth programming.
- Collaborate with Youth Outreach Educator to support Clover Kids members/families and volunteers by providing leadership in these areas: enrollment of members, annual onboarding of volunteers and fair experience.
- Collaborate with other County Youth Coordinators to plan and implement multi-county events.
- Represent Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and Iowa 4-H professionally.
- Plan, organize and deliver educational programs such as camps, events, workshops and outreach experiences.
- Implement educational programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines and share with volunteers and community partners. (Out of school time programming)
- Administer evaluations and share impacts with County Extension Council and partners.
- Work with County Extension Council to ensure adequate financial resources are secured.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving and customer service skills.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Conflict management and resolution skills.
- Collaboration and networking skills.
- Cultural competence.
- Dependable and team player.
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds.
- Bachelor's degree in family consumer sciences, youth development, education, agriculture, communications, or related area.
- Experience working with youth and volunteers.
- Access to reliable motor vehicle transportation and have a valid driver license.
- Be approved through the Child Protection and Safety Program/background screening.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Two or more years of experience in one or more areas of the position description.
- Experience with volunteer development. (Recruitment, orientation, etc.)
- Experience with Positive Youth Development.
- Experience organizing events and activities.
- Experience with 4-H as either a youth member, volunteer and/or parent.
- Bilingual; fluent in a second language.
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week position, located in the Dallas County Extension Office, Adel Iowa. Programming will take place both in and outside of the office; therefore, travel will be required to reach youth and families. Hours will include days, some evenings, some weekends, and occasional overnights. Hours will vary according to the event.
Wages and Benefits:
Wages are contingent on experience. Benefits include an Iowa State University health insurance package, paid time off and holidays, IPERS, professional development, and work-related travel reimbursement.
Download application and electronically submit resume, cover letter and completed application to Aleta Cochran email@example.com; or mail to: ISU Extension and Outreach Dallas County, 28061 Fairground Road, Adel Iowa 50003.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.