Would you enjoy preparing and cooking food for tenants and residents where you can truly make an impact?
If you have a BIG heart for loving older adults, join our awesome team!
Perry Lutheran Homes is looking for friendly and caring people like you to prepare and cook meals and other nourishment for our wonderful residents.
This position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits!
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- 403b Investment Account (Similar to 401k, but for non-profit organizations)
All Employee Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid / Earned Time Off
- StepUp Career Advancement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Discounted employee rate at Acorns & Oaks onsite Christian daycare
- Bid-your-raise program to empower employees
- Investment in and development of employees through training and education opportunities
- Development of staff through innovative projects and training
- Discounted monthly rate at Snap Fitness in Perry
Position and Shift Offerings:
- Full Time Evenings
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Supervises dietary aides in absence of Dietary Manager
- Prepares or directs the preparation of food items which are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Adheres to written recipes, menus, and individual diet orders.
- Prepares food items, special diets, snacks and nourishments according to establish schedules and meal times.
- Labels and/or otherwise identifies meals, special diets, and nourishments with resident name, room number, or other identifier, to assure that each resident receives food in accordance with care plan, physician's orders, and resident preference.
- Avoids waste of food items and dietary supplies; labels, dates, and appropriately stores food items and leftovers immediately after use.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment, utensils, counters, preparation and storage areas according to established schedules, facility and departmental policies for routine cleaning.
- Becomes a valuable team-member working together to create positivity
- Demonstrates interpersonal effectiveness by building meaningful relationships
- Uses critical thinking skills to constantly improve and innovate
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older
- Have completed or willing to complete state approved safety and sanitation, and modified diet courses (we are willing to train the right candidate)
- Can speak and write the English language
- Desire to work with and serve co-workers, tenants, and residents in a way that is compassionate, personalized, and respectful
Perry Lutheran Homes is your locally owned and managed, Christian Caring Community serving Perry and surrounding communities for nearly 65 years. Perry Lutheran Homes offers innovative, personalized, Christ-centered living and care at three campuses in Perry, IA – Spring Valley Campus, King’s Gardens Campus and Eden Acres Campus. Services include independent and assisted living, award-winning memory care, in-home care, respite care, skilled nursing care, rehabilitative therapy, intermediate and long-term care, end-of-life care and meals on wheels.
If this opportunity sounds like the one for you, please apply today!
A pre-employment drug screen is required for this position. Perry Lutheran Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour